Spicy Rum Marinated Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe by Eddie Jackson – The Chew
servings: 6 Easy 2+ hr
These wings are ideal for snacking on while examination a game, or only unresolved with friends!
- 3/4 cup dark rum
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 large cloves garlic (minced)
- 6 scallions (divided, finely chopped and thinly sliced for garnish)
- 1-2 habanero peppers (seeded and minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (peeled and minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 12 chicken wings (wings and drumettes)
- lime wedges (to serve)
- In a middle blending bowl, supplement a rum, orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, immature onion, habanero, ginger, all spice, black peppers and salt, and stir to combine.
- In a re-sealable food storage bag, supplement a duck wings and a marinade. Press atmosphere out of bag and sign tightly. Turn bag over to totally cloak chicken. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, branch bag once or twice.
- Remove duck to a bowl. In a tiny saucepan, supplement a brine and move to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 5 mins until brine has reduced by half.
- Prepare colourless griddle by fixation colourless on one half of grill. Light colourless and wait for embers to turn white and adult to temperature. Add timber chips. Replace abrade and supplement wings to side of griddle not containing charcoal. Cook until charred on both sides and juices run clear, about 30-45 minutes. Once done, toss wings in indifferent baked brine mixture. Return wings to griddle for 5 mins to emanate a caramelized crust, branch often.
- Alternatively, preheat oven to 325ºF. Place cooking wings on a cooling shelve wings propitious inside a baking sheet. Bake until a inner feverishness of wings are 165ºF, about 30-45 minutes. Preheat griddle vessel over medium-high heat. Toss wings in reduced brine mixture. Grill wings until charred on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Serve wings with orange wedges and chopped scallions!
- Helpful Tip: simply mislay a rum for a child accessible dish!